Existing Advisory Committee members (including staff director) and Governing Board members can nominate new committee members.
- The Mission, Vision, and Work of Safe Families of Children of WI
- The Expectations of the Role They’re Being Asked to Serve In
Once nominated, the staff director and outgoing Advisory Committee chair (or appointed replacement) will interview the nominated candidate. This interview process should be focused on ensuring that the candidate has a thorough understanding of:
- Interview Synopsis
- Key Takeaways from the Interview
- Notable Strengths and Areas of Concern
- Recommendation of Approval or Non-Approval
After interviewing, the staff director will write up the a quick synopsis including:
- Discuss and make a decision via email on whether or not to add the candidate to the committee.
- Discuss and make a decision at the next committee meeting on whether or not to add the candidate to the committee.
After reviewing the Interview Synopsis, the committee will either:
- Final Onboarding
- Their Expectations
- What their role is (and isn’t)
- The meeting schedule and time commitment.
- Their Term of Service
- Two Years for new committee members
If approved, the staff director will have a followup meeting, ensuring that the incoming committee member has a clear understanding of