To govern the activity of 1000 Generations, the funding organization of the Wisconsin chapter of Safe Families for Children.
The BOD should consist of:
- Advisory Committee Chairs (also fulfill officer duties)
- Development Board Chairs from each local site
- At-large members who do not chair a committee or development board are allowable in certain circumstances.
The Board of Directors IS NOT:
There is no minimum expected donation for participating in board service, and no tracking of board member financial contributions beyond what is done for all donors. Each board member is asked and expected to give what they can, both in time and finances, to further the mission.
Term Length and Time Commitment
- Governing board members will serve 2 year teams. Should a board member be joining after previous participation in a Development Board or Advisory Committee, joining the governing board will start a new 2-year term.
- Directors should be prepared to volunteer up to 3 hours per month, on average, in addition to local or committee service.
- The Board of Directors meets quarterly, with special meetings as needed.
- The majority of directors are also expected to serve, either on an Advisory Committee or a Local Development Board. At large board members are allowed in certain circumstances, but should not be the norm.
How the BOD Connects
- The BOD will be connected to local Development Boards through the chairs of those boards, who sit on the BOD.
- The BOD will be connected to the Safe Families for Children national organization as well as Wisconsin staff through the state director, who attends meetings and reports to the BOD.